The Church needs followers of Jesus who are living out a deep inner life with Christ and live in communities as a distinct counter-culture that thus serve as salt and light in the world for Him.
Since we cannot give what we do not possess, the focus of this course will be primarily on your inner life in Jesus. We are structuring the course for those with serious desire to grow and mature in their relationships with Jesus. Emotionally Healthy Spirituality focuses on a person's relationship with God, and helps people begin the journey of applying Biblical truths to their lives in order to grow their relationship with Jesus. It starts with "The Problem of Emotionally Unhealthy Spirituality," and continues deeper in the lives of participants to help them recognize where God shows up, especially when life is hard, and teaches practical skills to move forward in deeper relationship with Him. Silence and Stillness before God are emphasized through a 40 Day devotional that follows the course material as participants reflect on their own lives, hardships, and learn to give them to God.
Go beneath the surface and transform your life
Our commitment at Trailside is to lead people into a transformed, mature relationship with Jesus so that we can find our place in the body of Christ and impact our community and thus the world. The Emotionally Healthy Spirituality course is a part of the foundational layer for how we accomplish this.
Experience 8 powerful life-changing sessions:
1 · The Problem of Emotionally Unhealthy Spirituality
2 · Know Yourself That You May Know God
3 · Going Back in Order to Go Forward
4 · Journey Through the Wall
5 · Enlarge Your Soul Through Grief and Loss
6 · Discover the Rhythms of the Daily Office and Sabbath
7 · Grow Into an Emotionally Healthy Adult
8 · Go the Next Step to Develop a “Rule of Life”
The following are the requirements to attend:
• You have a God-given hunger to grow deeply in this season
• Attend all 8 Sessions from 7-9 p.m.
• Order a copy of each of the materials EH Spirituality book, EHS workbook & EHS Day by Day
• Your commitment to do the readings/assignments each week (average of 1-2 hours per week)
• Read the Emotionally Healthy Spirituality book and complete weekly homework assignments For example: On our first day, you’ll begin doing Daily Offices 2x a day – with silence and stillness – and begin prayerfully reading, or rereading, Emotionally Healthy Spirituality.
Before the Week 1 meeting, please do the following:
1. Read chapter 1 of Emotionally Healthy Spirituality.
2. Take the EHS Personal Assessment here. Bring these results with you for reference.
If you want to be a part of this special opportunity, register using the form below! If you have any questions, please feel free to email Pastor Marcus at Marcus@Trailside.church.